The 2nd Annual Internet of Things Global Summit
"Realizing the potential of the IoT"
The 2014 Internet of Things Global Summit will once again take place at the iconic National Press Club in Washington D.C., and bring together 200+ key stakeholders for discussions on the critical policy dimensions and numerous commercial opportunities surrounding this rapidly developing ecosystem.
The digital transformation of global economies continues, driven by the demand for innovation alongside economic imperatives such as cost reduction and globalization. The Internet of Things is central to this disruption of traditional economic activities, with companies everywhere increasingly realizing its potential to deliver innovative new services and solutions, and to address issues such as climate change, job creation and growth, better healthcare and more efficient transport systems to name a few.
A number of challenges remain however. Allowing innovation to flourish while protecting privacy and data remains a fundamental regulatory balancing act, as does the delivery of networks that provide the required internet bandwidth both inside and outside of large urban centres. The issues of raising the initial finance for new products and services, and then creating awareness and achieving buy-in from consumers - whether citizens, businesses or the public sector - continue to also present challenges and barriers to be overcome.
Focusing on the role of the public and private sectors as well as of the citizen, this event will look at what needs to be done to tackle these key challenges; to develop the required standards; and crucially to deliver an environment to drive the Internet of Things forward and ensure its full potential is met.
By examining the current Internet of Things ecosystem and the emerging technologies appearing on the market, it will ultimately deliver turnkey information to the IoT community as the drive for a more efficient, more inclusive and smarter world continues.
Sessions at this fall's summit include:
- Building the Internet of Things ecosystem together – life in a future IoT world
- Smart Cities: A playground of the Internet of Things
- Internet of Things outside the city: Solutions for rural and remote areas
- Building Smart Homes of the future – what to expect?
- Managing the spectrum needs for the Internet of Things
- Architecting the Internet of Things: Sensing, Networking and Analytics
- The ‘People’ side of the Internet of Things: Meeting consumer expectations for a secure IoT environment
- Standardization and Interoperability
REGISTER HERE: http://eu-ems.com/register.asp?event_id=221